- Technion-Israel Institute of Technology is independently ranked as one of the world’s most respected science and high technology institutions of higher learning.
- Technion Distinguished Professors Avram Hershko and Aaron Ciechanover were awarded the 2004 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for their discovery of “ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation” in living cells.
- Technion graduates compromise the majority of Israeli-educated scientists and engineers, and has provided over 70% of the country’s founders and CEOs of high-tech industries.
- The ingenuity of Technion alumni has brought Israel the highest concentration of high-tech start-up companies anywhere outside of the Silicon Valley.
- 90% of Israeli startups , which generate 31% of Israel’s GNP and 1/3 of its exports, are headed by Technion Graduates .
- 135 out of every 10,000 workers in Israel are scientists and engineers and have thus the highest rate of the world .
- The high-tech industries account for more than 54% of Israel’s industrial exports , and about 26% of the country’s exports.